I’m so excited to share this delicious recipe with you today! This smoothie has become almost a daily indulgence of mine and many of my clients and here’s why we’re loving on it:
- You get a whole serving of greens and you can’t even taste it
- It’s 4 ingredients which makes it SO cheap and SO simple. How bananas is that!! (no pun intended)
- It is delicious…. I mean, anything with a giant scoop of peanut butter has got to be good, right?
- It is really satisfying because of the healthy fats
- It’s nice and light, leaving you feeling energized and light so you can tackle your day
A lot of you may feel like eating healthy is boring, plain, inconvenient, or difficult.
If so, I dare you to try this smoothie….
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- a handful of spinach or kale (you cannot taste it either way)
- 1.5 cups milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 T peanut butter, any kind
- a few cubes of ice if you want it cold and didn’t use a frozen banana
How pretty is that peanut butter?
Add everything into your blender. I like to put the lighter ingredients like the spinach toward the bottom and then heavier things like the banana and ice at the top to weigh it down so that it mixes easier.
You can play around with how much milk you want to use, but start with about 1 cup – 1.5 cups. Different amounts of milk will make the smoothie taste either more thick and creamy or liquidy.
Serve for breakfast, a light lunch, or as a snack.
What’s your favorite kind of smoothie? Let me know in the comments below!
Here’s another green smoothie recipe that I published over two years ago (when I barely knew how to write a blog post 🙂 )